Social Security Point-in-Time Service Updates
Thursday 8 April 2021 @ 9.02 a.m.
The Social Security Point-in-Time Service has been updated to include the Social Services Legislation Amendment (Strengthening Income Support) Act 2021 (Cth) (Act 23 of 2021).
Act 23 of 2021
This Act makes amendments to the Social Security Act 1991 (Cth), which:
- Increases the maximum basic rates of working age social security payments by $50 per fortnight;
- Extends the criteria for a person to qualify for youth allowance (other) or jobseeker payment in circumstances where the person is in quarantine or self-isolation or caring for a family member or household member in quarantine or self-isolation due to COVID-19 until 30 June 2021;
- Extends the waiver of the ordinary waiting period for jobseeker payment and youth allowance (other) until 30 June 2021;
- Extends the portability period for certain age pensioners and recipients of the disability support pension (for severely disabled persons) unable to return to, or depart from, Australia within 26 weeks due to the impact of COVID-19 until 30 June 2021; and
- Permanently increases the ordinary income-free area for jobseeker payment, youth allowance (other), parenting payment partnered and related payments to $150 per fortnight.
These amendments have been updated in the Point-in-Time Social Security Service current to 7 April 2021. (NB: Subscription required).