In accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles added by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth), TimeBase provides the following policy indicating our commitment to the privacy, protection and security of your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
In the course of daily business, TimeBase may collect information about customers such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, credit card information and email addresses, depending on the nature of the transaction with us.
We do not collect any sensitive information revealing your race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships or details of health or disability.
Exceptions to this include:
- where express permission has been given;
- where the information is authorised by law or is considered reasonably necessary to enforce the law; or
- when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
If you choose to pay your account with TimeBase via credit card, your credit card details are not stored by TimeBase and cannot be accessed by TimeBase staff or any other party.
Collection of Data from our Website
TimeBase's website records standard information such as time, date and URL of request (the web page you arrived from) via our web servers. This information is recorded by all web servers and is used to improve the functionality, structure and performance of our website.
We track the pattern of visitor usage by issuing an anonymous user ID via a cookie. This user ID is sent back to our servers each time you view a page from our servers. This ID is deleted at the end of your session. The cookies contain no personal information and are stored on your computer only.
Use of Your Personal Information
Personal information is collected to assist the relationship between TimeBase and our customers. Any information that personally identifies you is solely used by TimeBase to:
- make contact with you;
- respond to queries;
- notify you of new developments, new products and enhancements; and
- improve the quality of our services.
You can opt out of email communications at any time and each email contains instructions as to how to do this for each service.
Access and Disclosure of Personal Information
Only authorised employees of TimeBase Pty Ltd have access to this information. It is used solely for the purposes of account management and customer contact.
We will not disclose any information for secondary purposes, for example to third parties, without your consent unless:
- it is required or authorised by law;
- it is in the public interest;
- it is necessary to carry out the purpose for which the information was collected. For example, a transaction or service that you requested may require our disclosure of details to a credit card issuer to complete an on-line purchase; or
- there is a reasonable expectation that the information will be disclosed to a third party.
Data Quality, Access and Correction
TimeBase takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Where practicable you will have access to the information that you provide to us upon request. If any of the information is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and the data will be updated accordingly.
Exceptions to this include:
- where providing access will pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual or have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an individual;
- where your request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- where information relates to existing legal proceedings between TimeBase and you; or
- where providing access would be unlawful or may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity.
Security of Stored Information
All of our data is stored on secure servers protected by firewalls and Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology. These security methods are to the highest industry standards.
We do not maintain credit card details on any servers, which ensures that access to that information cannot be obtained by any unauthorised parties.
Links to third parties
The TimeBase website contains several links to third party websites that are not operated or controlled by us. Third party websites should have their own privacy and security policies, which we encourage you to read.
This policy may be amended from time to time due to internal business requirements or obligations of legal compliance.
The latest version of this policy will be posted on our website.
Related Information and Enquiries
For further information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au