Employment Point-in-Time Service Updates
Tuesday 16 January 2024 @ 2.30 p.m.
The Employment Point-in-Time Service has been updated to include the Fair Work Legislation Amendment (Closing Loopholes) Act 2023 (Cth) (Act 120 of 2023).
Act 120 of 2023
This Act makes substantial amendments to the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and other related legislation to improve the workplace relations framework. This Act includes amendments to:
- address anomalous consequences of the small business redundancy exemption in insolvency contexts by providing an exception to its operation when a larger business downsizes to become a smaller business employer due to insolvency;
- allow employees, unions and host employers to apply to the Fair Work Commission (FWC) for an order that labour hire employees must be paid at least what they would receive under a host business’s enterprise agreement;
- introduce a new criminal offence for wage theft, which applies to intentional conduct;
- provide specific rights and protections for the important work undertaken by workplace delegates in representing and educating employees to allow them to effectively undertake their role; and
- benefit employees who have been, or are, subjected to family and domestic violence.
These amendments have been updated in the Point-in-Time Employment Service current to 16 January 2024. (Note: Subscription required).